Single? Dating? Exclusive? Married? Divorced? Whatever status you have, it doesn’t matter because dating ourselves means ME, MYSELF, AND I. It means we create a real relationship and a deep love for ourselves no matter what our love life looks like. When we take care of self, we just know how to be present and be there for those in our lives. A lot of things in this life are easy distractions to escape from intimacy and reality. I know this from experience, and while we are all different, I feel to some degree we can identify with that in our own ways. There is plenty to worry about in the love relationship world, so lets just put all of that on hold and start taking care of our insides; physical, mental and spiritual.
- Read something positive. Preferably a spiritual daily reading in the morning. I know for myself, when I fly out of bed because the list of to-do’s needs to get done NOW, I’m uncentered and lacking direction for my day. When I take a few minutes for myself when my eyes open, to find gratitude for the day and read, I just start to find peace and contentment. Just try it every day for a couple weeks…I promise you’ll see a difference in your stress level!
- Lemon Water. Drink lukewarm water with lemon and raw honey first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything. You can even add a sprig or two of mint. YUM! Just trust me on this one. As Ayurvedic medicine states, the health benefits include purifying your blood, flushing toxins from the liver, burning fat and creating a healthier digestive system (for anyone who suffers from acid reflux and other gut issues etc-I know I do!) When I stick to this regimen my migraines go away, I have more energy in the morning and don’t even crave coffee as much! Anyone who knows me, understands what a huge deal that is considering I’m a daily french press coffee snob.
- Makeup or no makeup. Are you a daily makeup wearer? Or do you go without wearing makeup daily? Either way, this is for you! If you’re a lover of makeup, then we both know how hard it is to live a day without it. Its not about the insecurity of not having it on, its more so enjoying being polished-so I get it! One day a week try going about your day with little to no makeup (when you don’t have anything important happening, of course). Its a new kind of freedom I never knew until I did it myself. Not really a big makeup wearer? Perfect! WEAR SOME! Im not advocating that putting on a mask will make you feel better, but there definitely is something about that finishing touch that will bring confidence into your world. If you don’t know how to do makeup, look up tutorials and start practicing! Start simple. And trust me when I say, a little goes a long way. You can totally nail the “no makeup, makeup look”.
- Enjoy your girlfriends. Its about spending time with your girls, because any girl needs a few good women who help her see truth and know exactly how to be there for her when she’s in need of a good cry or a good laugh or a good deep talk. I know for myself, I lived years only being friends with guys because I had such a hard time connecting with other girls/women. It wasn’t until I began a journey of cultivating relationships with the female world that realized what I was missing out on. I was just afraid someone would actually understand me. Basically, having empowering women surrounding us kind of forces us to learn about ourselves and to practice trust and acceptance. That’s hard if you’re not used to it! But the love and fulfillment I have received from my female friendships have literally left me speechless. They are beautiful and honest connections and I wouldn’t trade my close girls for anything, EVER!
- Stay off ALL social media. Don’t lie your heart just stopped for a second. What I mean is, stay off of social media for a straight 24 hour period, once a week. This is something I want to challenge myself on, so maybe we can make it happen together! Its cleansing to disconnect and be present in the moment of life. We have slowly become engulfed in all things social, and I’m not being hypocritical when I say how damaging it is to relationships. I say this from direct experience! It is seriously important for us to find time to be present for those in our lives. We don’t know how long we get to live this life, nor how long we get to keep those in it…precious moments slip away every day because we are connected to our phones! Damn you smart phones that keep us stupid and connected to the anti-social world of social media!
These tips may not seem like a way to date yourself, but doing these things will center your soul. You can add or take away any of them you’d like! Actually, I encourage you to because if you’re loving yourself then YOU know YOU. This is just a few tips that have worked for me, but it is just a veryyy small part of a plethora of other things that are important as well such as eating healthy, working out and many more! When you learn what works for your personal life and goals, you will glow from the inside. Learn about yourself, accept yourself, and love yourself enough to push yourself. That is precisely what dating yourself means!
Now that you’ve got this whole dating yourself concept down, you’re probably on your way to having a really great date night or girls night out. So, if you’re looking for inspo, you’re in the right place!
(keep scrolling for photos and outfit details with links)
I had been DYING to find a beautiful white top with a plunging neckline and flowy sleeves, and after randomly walking into the adorable Luella Boutique in Pacific Beach, I was sold on this Wyldr top. It is all around perfect and also comes in black (who doesn’t need a great top in two colors and for only $60 each?) Along with that solid find, I also stumbled upon this awesome jacket by Indah. So far my fiancé has coined it the “cookie monster jacket”, along with a few other names from my boss and coworkers, but I’m still in love with it! The pop of cobalt blue and the shaggy style just adds a really vintage boho vibe which I like to incorporate into a sexy look to keep it a bit more subdued.
In this featured outfit I styled my top with a simple lacy grey bralette , a long simple necklace from Stella & Dot, a grey faux leather mini skirt which was a sickkkk steal for $7 from Forever 21, my fave pair of lace up navy heels from Lulu’s, a studded silver clutch(similar), and a healthy mix of rings on rings on rings.
To finish the look, my makeup is simple and pretty and I kept my hair long and wavy with my beloved Bellami Hair Extensions. Im also sporting some serious grey hairs sprouting out of my head, but I’m embracing it and rocking it with grace! #greyhairdontcare
What is your favorite date night and/or girls night out look? Share it here! If you need any help with styling, in need of tips, or have ANY questions AT ALL just throw me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
..::Peace and Love my Fashimites::..